In high school I had the opportunity to study cultural history, Latin and Greek in depth. This laid a good foundation for biblical studies. After high school I studied in the Estonian Christian Pentecostal Bible School and thereafter at Baltic Methodist Theological Seminary. Both schools helped me grow spiritually and test myself in practical church work. Through Rector Andrus Norak, God opened the doors to study in the Master’s program at Asbury Theological Seminary in Kentucky, where I focused on the Bible, its historical-cultural background and the original Biblical languages. In 2004, I took part in archaeological excavations in Israel.
The following years passed in the blink of an eye. I was busy writing my doctoral dissertation on the Book of Revelation, teaching full time at Houghton College, raising the family, and assisting my husband who is a pastor, in his ministry. This was all a good reminder that teaching is only part of life.
Today, I am excited to teach in the same school where I once studied. I believe theology is not an academic exercise but a way to serve the church. I have been called to serve the church through teaching. As Rector, my desire is for the Seminary to have a strong spiritual life to support the students as they grow in faith so that they may find their calling, be fruitful in missions, and be equipped for every good work.
Courses: Introduction to Theology; Systematic Theology; Jesus in Gospels; Denominational Studies; Foundations of Scientific research
Publications: The Ending of the Canon: A Canonical and Intertextual Reading of Revelation 21-22, LNTS 526, Bloomsbury T&T Clark, 2016
- Eesti Metodisti Kiriku Teoloogiline Seminar, Rector, since 2018
- Eesti Metodisti Kiriku Teoloogiline Seminar, Associate professor of Biblical Studies and Theology, since 2015
- Northeastern Seminary (at Roberts Wesleyan College), New Testament Lecturer, 2014-2015
- Houghton College, Assistant professor of the New Testament, 2006-2014
- London School of Theology (Brunel University), PhD, 2010
- Asbury Theological Seminary, M.Div., 2002
- Eesti Metodisti Kiriku Teoloogiline Seminar, Applied Higher Education Diploma in Theology, cum laude, 2000
- Estonian Christian Pentecostal Church Bible School, Diploma, 1997
- Estonian Christian Pentecostal Church, 1992
- Tallinn UMC, associated member, 2018